Location is Rusk Street between Pecan & Mulberry
Free to the public and no proof of residency required
Participants should expect to unload their own materials.
Masks required. Minimal number of volunteers on site.
Pet Adoption – Sponsored by Sherman Animal Shelter
Tacos Hondumex – For your dining pleasure
Electronic Recycling Sponsored by Keystone Enterprises
Business with large quantities may be eligible for free pick up service
We will accept:
- Anything powered by a cord or battery
- Small appliances, plug in or battery operated
- Battery operated lawn equipment, including batteries & chargers
- Battery operated tools, including batteries & chargers
- Lighting, lamps, fans, ceiling fans
- Electronics including entertainment devices
- Computers, computer equipment including flat screen monitors
- Flat Screen televisions
- Batteries of any kind, including auto and marine
- Ammunition and firearms
- Large appliances (refrigerators and air conditioners must be drained of freon)
- Cameras, camcorders, film & digital cameras
- Portable electronics, cell phones, GPS devices, calculators, CD & DVD players
- Video Games & game systems
- Sporting goods, golf clubs & bags, helmets, baseball bats & gloves, athletic shoes.
- Air purifiers, baby monitors, vacuum cleaners, sewing machines, medical equipment
We cannot accept:
- Televisions with tubes
- Computer monitors with tubes
Paper Shredding – You could help sponsor this!
Mobile Shred-It can safely destroy just about any documents
- Not open to businesses – No trailers
- Sensitive documents like tax information
- Plan to drive through, have your vehicle unloaded and leave immediately.
- Recycling of cardboard will be available by City of Sherman.
- Recycling of regular paper not requiring shredding and newspaper will be available from Choctaw Nation.
Latex Paint Recycling – Sponsored by TCOG (Texoma Council of Governments)
Bring up to 10 (1 gallon only) cans per person. (no oil-based paint, stains, varnishes accepted.).
Paint may be in any condition, but cans must be closed (no leaking).
This is first come first served, no reservations will be taken. When the truck is full, the collection will end.
Cardboard (flattened) – City of Sherman
City is providing a larger bin for Cardboard
- Please make sure boxes are flattened before arriving
Choctaw Nation – Going Green
Container available from Friday, Friday, Apr 16 – Sunday Apr 18
- Paper, including shredded paper
- #1, #2, & #5 Plastics including medicine bottles
- Printer ink & toner cartridges
- Cell Phones
- Plastic bags
Eye Glasses – Sponsored by Sherman Noon Lion’s Club
Both regular glasses and sunglasses are welcome. Look for their tent near Sherman Animal Shelter.
Prescription Drugs – Sponsored by Sherman Police Department
Drug collection will not take place during the recycle event. We are leaving this notice here because the police department collects drugs at the station every day and we want to make you aware of it. Please take your drugs to the main lobby of the Sherman Police Department at 317 S. Travis, Sherman Texas any day.
Inhalers and liquids such as IV bags will not be accepted
This event does not include household hazardous waste such as oil-based paint, varnishes, chemicals, tires, etc. with the exception for the latex paint above.
Red River Unitarian Universalist Church. Drs Hatt & Phelps.
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. (TCEQ) Alorica